Subject: Re: A small request.
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/18/2001 13:19:49
Hi Matt,

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Matt Thomas wrote:
> I need a favor.  I need a small snippet of arm assembly to initialize
> a L1 page table with a few entries, turn on the MMU, and jump to _start
> at its new address (0xf000xxxx).  (e.g. this is done before start is called).
>
> The Netwinder bios xfers control before the MMU is turned on.  Whereas
> it seems the various arm32 ports already have an MMU enabled.  This causes
> the netwinder kernel to fall over and die quite quickly.
>
> I need entries for
> 	0x00000000..0x000fffff -> 0x00000000
> 	0x00000000..0x007fffff -> 0xf0000000
> 	0x7c000000..0x7c0fffff -> 0xfd200000
>
> The page table should be placed at 0x8000 (before and not used by the kernel).

Well ... euhm... you could take a peek at my bootloader for the RiscPC (in
arch/arm32/dist/) included there is all the code you need.... it builds
its own memory mapping and switches over to it...

You can look at the assembly part of the bootloader and at the initial
page table code ... that one builds about the memory map you need :)

Cheers,
Reinoud