Subject: wscons on SA RiscPC
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/16/2001 12:56:46
I've just switched my StrongARM RiscPC to the new wscons console. It does seem
to be pretty good speed wise and a lot better at terminal emulation than the
old console. However when the machine is booting you do get some odd screen
artifacts occasionally due to the different cache architecture of the SA
compared to the ARM6. It's okay when the machine is fully up and running due to
the context switch cache flushes. I don't think the wscons code should rely on
this though.

Does the wscons framebuffer code have any support for cache flushing at
critical points? Is there a possibility of adding some? It would be really
disasterous to disable the caching of the screen as the performance would then
suck big time.

Mike