Subject: Re: tlp and CATS
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/12/2001 09:58:14
On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 11:01:22AM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> I think it's probably very true. The CATS config is _far_ from generic
> with only a couple of SCSI cards and network cards enabled. It's also got
> hardwired limits on the max number of processes. It looks very much like
> 'these are the ones we've got working', hence my trepidation in trying a
> different driver.

It's probably more like "these are the ones that we've tried."  The
problems that I've seen with PowerPC are mostly assumptions about
little-endian host byte order.  CATS might have some problems with
missing cache flushes or something else, I don't know.

> Even the floppy doesn't work from 1.4 onwards...

It used to work, but now it doesn't?  Is there a PR on that?

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...