Subject: Re: New name for the split
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/07/2001 10:19:22
> > GENERIC - boots on all three variants.  Shouldn't be hard, since all have
> > the same basic boot services (RISC OS).
>
> It'll take some work to support the ARM7500's in the same kernel as the
> iomd2, some of the low level routines are designed for one to be defined
> without the other

I'm aware of this and it's just plain wrong.  I can see absolutely no
reason why, if RISC OS can handle it, then NetBSD can't...  Using ifndef
ARM7500 is confusing anyway.  The kernel files should define IOMD2
IOMD7500 etc to bring in the relevant code.  A generic kernel can then
include all of them.

> > RISCPC, A7000, NC -- self explanatory.
> >
> > However, before we do this grand renaming
>
> I think it's more a case of when someone has the time to do this moving of
> code around.

I still think there's no point in someone finding that time yet.