Subject: Re: How will I build port-dnard from port-cats (etc) ?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/06/2001 16:06:20
> A decoupling of install media/kernels and userland build is on my personal
> to-do list.

Aren't they already? 'make build' doesn't descend into src/distrib.

> This would allow, for instance, a single m68k userland build,
> modulo some possibly separately built binaries (or, developer concensus to
> build all m68k-based MD userland binaries on all m68k platforms).

I would think that a mk.conf setting "BUILD_ALL_RELATED_PORTS" :) would be
reasonable enough to activate it.

Probably there needs to be some "spoofing" code so that programs see the
right MACHINE value, but this really just encourages us to group the MD
stuff together when possible, which is a good idea anyway.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com