Subject: Re: NC's and RC7500
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 04/03/2001 23:03:39
Hiya Stephen,

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> I'm trying to stay with a 1.5 source tree as much as possible (mainly due
> to supportability of shipped product), but I'd like to try out the wscons
> stuff on the NC. I've still not got the NC to boot recently. The
> bootloader is bombing out as described in previous emails (not getting as
> far as the kernel).

One thing i learned was to keep my source as close to -current :))

> I've attached my kernel config file and also a small patch to todclock.c
> to stop panics when there is no RTC (#ifdef NC).
>
> Reinoud, could you build me a -current NC kernel and I'll try it out?

Sure thing !! you can find them with the updated configuration files in
the following directory complete with the checkout version of the
bootloader.... you should check the stuff in this though .. as in setting
the correct screenmode !

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/snapshot/20010403-stephen-NC

Cheers and good luck!,
Reinoud