Subject: Re: Anybody using SCSI with a RiscPC ?
To: Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de, Jan-Uwe Finck <ju.finck@nord-com.net>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/18/2001 12:34:00
On Sunday 18 March 2001 11:47 am, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> Or is SCSI that broken on the RiscPC, that nobody does it, or even
> considers it ?

I think it's more likely that none/few of the active developers have scsi
cards, I've got a RapIDE to get the ide performance up, never considered scsi
(or had the money to)

> I think I remember some sort of DMA problems relating to that, but
> maybe that's just been on the Connect32 (aka SCSIConnect).

I don't believe that DMA works on any cards (include the IDE ones), currently
we use polling mode on the SCSI cards.

> What about the newer cards like the Powertec ?

powertec doesn't work too well either (if at all), it's got an unsual
partition table, that someone with time and hardware needs to sit down and
work on a way to handle it (we do have some rough docs on it :)

Cheers,
Chris