Subject: Re: SCSI broken ? Cumana SCSI II doesn't boot properly
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Uwe Finck <ju.finck@nord-com.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/18/2001 12:42:15
On Sun, Mar 18, 2001 at 11:11:37AM +0000, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > I'll have to do more test, this seems to be hardware related.
>
> Ahh, I remember being told a long time ago that netbsd drives the scsi bus
> harder than risc-os so it does notice and sulk if termination etc isn't right
> (note I'm no expert on scsi though)

Yes, I noticed that about five years ago, when I tried NetBSD the
first time on arm32, and had no problems with SCSI under RiscOS, but
no luck installing NetBSD on a SCSI drive. It took me some hours to
find the error, but in the end it worked.

This time it seems to be some hardware failure after all, as I have
problems under RiscOS as well.

--
Greetings,
	Jan-Uwe