Subject: Re: HEADS UP : wscons kernel uploaded for testing - UPDATE 1
To: None <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/17/2001 21:57:25
Hi Jan-Uwe,

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> <new_wscons_kernel_announced>
>
> It boots fine for me, but is quite slow.

Is this the `new' 16 march one? or the 13 march one ? The 16-one is pretty
much more advanced :) but still not acceleted at all....

> On rebooting it hangs at 'rebooting'.
> Switching the power off and on again, it started to jump into the
> NetBSD bootloader immediately, but couldn't start the kernel, but hung
> after it's
> 5 .. 4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. start!

YIKES !!

Can you try the RISCPC-20010317-testkernel.gz kernel from the snapshot
directory ? Does this kernel have the same reset problems ? I made a
slight change to it to get my computer reset smoother ! not worse!

> Some more issues to resolve, I think, but
> you did a good job nevertheless.

Thanks :) yeah its far from complete indeed... but the reset troubles
worry me... hmm... when did this start.... i'll look at that code later.

Cheers,
Reinoud