Subject: Re: PR 12312 - madplay dumps core
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/13/2001 14:00:10
--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:40:32PM +0000, Rolf Neugebauer wrote:

> I am using mpg123-0.59r package on a shark running NetBSD 1.4.2 for a
> while now without any problem. Can't remember if I installed from
> source or binary.=20
>=20
> Just out of curiosity, what were you referring to when saying that
> madplay is the only usable mp3 player on sharks? Are there problems
> with mpg123 on NetBSD 1.5?

oh, it's fine, as long as

- you accept a 50% higher cpu load
- you accept that it sounds awful for some (e.g., low bitrate) streams.
- I think the author claims madplay is better, but I have no high acoustic
  quality listening environment to test myself.

Regards,
	-is

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND

--d6Gm4EdcadzBjdND--