Subject: Jornada 720
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Berenfield <gberenfield@berenfield.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/09/2001 20:18:37
Hello,

I'm new to netbsd but am very interested in what's being done with the
arm-32 port to the jornada 720 handheld.  I have such a device and am eager
to try the hpcarm kernel on it.
I've already downloaded the hpcboot source code and got it to build
successfully using the ms embedded dev kit although it doesn't want to boot
kernels unless I 'tell' it that my device is an 820.. (was careful to build
for HP/C Pro Jornada 720 WinCE 3.0 ARM   - maybe an incorrect value was set
in r0 before boot? I think it should be 49 for jornada).

Anyways, what I'm very much after now is the hpcarm kernel built for the
jornada. I have the ipaq snapshot (available from the hpcarm website) which
actually boots to a point, but I really would love to reproduce the dmesgs
shown on the hpcarm page.

Are there open NetBSD boxes that I could use to compile the hpcarm port?
Such a setup exists for the IPAQ-linux hh.org work being done
(skiffclusters) and I was hoping that some open NetBSD boxes exist too for
development.

Please accept my apologies for posting this here but the hpcarm mailing list
doesn't seem fully functional yet.

All help greatly appreciated.

Greg