Subject: Re: 'make build' takes very looong..
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Jan-Uwe Finck <ju.finck@nord-com.net>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/04/2001 10:09:43
On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 12:47:06AM +0000, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> > I'm just curious, as I remember my AMD K6-200 took about 8 hours to do
> > a complete 'make build'.
> >

> > The system is RiscPC600 with an SA-110 S, 98MB RAM and a 4 GB IDE HD.
>
> ... which has a memory bus speed of 16MHz (I'll bet your AMD was using much faster memory bus than that).

Yep, correct. Nevertheless.
Yesterday I stopped my 'make build' as it was still running after
nearly 24 hours (still in lib/).
I had the idea that something was _very_ wrong, and started to compile
a kernel again, which took nearly _3_ hours instead of 1 hour.

So the thing seems clear, I've been using some kernel option which
made the thing as slow as possible. I have no idea which it is, as I
just took the RISCPC standard kerneli config file , and threw some
things out, which I definitely not need.

Anyway, I'm testing right now and hope to find my error.

--
Greetings,
	Jan-Uwe