Subject: Re: Today's kernel sources won't boot.
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com, port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/01/2001 11:22:01
In article <200103011009.KAA27911@cam-mail2.cambridge.arm.com> you write:
>I just had time last night to establish that death occurs in rpc_machdep,
>somewhere near
>
>        /* Boot strap pmap telling it where the kernel page table is */
>        printf("pmap ");
>        pmap_bootstrap(kernel_l1pt.pv_va, kernel_ptpt);
>        console_flush();
>
>        /* Setup the IRQ system */
>        printf("irq ");
>        console_flush();
>
>That is, the last thing I see before the screen (has someone tried to turn
>on interlace?) goes.  More precisely the last message to appear is "pmap
>".  I found this by putting in 5-second delays after each printf.

Hmm.  That shouldn't be caused by my PCB changes.  That's long before
process 0 (and hence the first PCB in the system) exists.

Of course, someone will now prove me wrong...

Actually, a thought:  what CPU have you got (preferably including the
precise CPU ID)?  Maybe my changes to CPU identification broke.

Incidentally, I should be able to finally sort out a working arm32 system
this evening, since my new hub's arrived.  This might help me fix things.