Subject: Re: Today's kernel sources won't boot.
To: None <Richard.Earnshaw@arm.com>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 03/01/2001 11:58:22
Hi all,

A big hint on the crash thing : it doesnt clear the screen nor reprograms
the VIDC as far as I can see.... In my effords to make wscons work on the
RiscPC i've ``cleared'' the screen with the constant 0xffaa5511 i.e.
giving vertical stripes. The text background is erased by my wscons but
the silly thing is that when the screen goes ``blank'' normally, I get my
whole screen full of stripes again !!!!!!

Looks like it could be a copy or so going wrong that copies stuff over
boundaries but then why would it be *my* magic value ?

An other hypothesis is that the VM system gets screwed up but then my
screen wouldn't be my magic colour i guess for the vidc doenst do VM.

Cheers,
Reinoud