Subject: Re: ARM ELF toolchain patches
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/27/2001 18:44:30
In article <E14Xheb-0007Y8-00@chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
   Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Did you compile it with -mhard-float?  Did you recompile libc (and libm)
> with -mhard-float as well?

I have tried compiling just the interpreter with -mhard-float and
that has done the trick! My test program now runs in 82 seconds
and so is clearly using the floating point hardware for the basic
arithmetic operators. Unfortunately it is not all good news as
'PRINT COS(PI)' returns the result 3.14159265 and not -1. COS is
not the only function that returns the wrong result. I have
checked my interpreter and it is not the source of the error. Now,
is this a problem or dow we blame me not recompiling libc and
libm? I do not have the source code of the libraries so cannot
rebuild them. Are the libraries part of the GNU source or NetBSD
source? I think that the GNU source tarball was over 30 megabytes
in size, and I am not downloading *that* on my telephone line!
(There is a limit as to how much I *will suffer for the cause...)

Dave Daniels