Subject: Re: Merge - part 2
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/26/2001 18:50:27
On Sat, 24 Feb 2001, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> Then there is the point of what to call the directory where the shared
> stuff is placed ... i'd be for ../sys/arch/arm/arm32 for common stuff and
> ../sys/arch/arm/armv4 or so for specific SA stuff; ../sys/arch/arm/armv3
> etc ... as proposed by someone (sorry i cant find it back :( ) on the
> port-arm32 list...

For now, just shove it all in arm/arm32.  I don't think there's enough
StrongARM code to warrant separating it out.  In any case, remember that
not all ARMv4 processors are StrongARMs -- ARM8 is v4, and there are
several ARMv4T processors.

Personally, I think the cache-handling code should be made rather more
orthogonal, following the way ARM have set up the cache type
register.  I'll admit I haven't looked closely at the current code,
though.