Subject: Re: Kill /dev/cpu*?
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/26/2001 15:17:21
> AFAIK they were there to support hydra or the i486 copro ... but i agree
> that if they aren't used then they might as well be discarded... If there
> ever is a need for them we can allways create them anew...

I've always wanted to write a driver that would support the x86 card in
the RPC.  I have one and most of the time it just sits there doing
nothing.  The simplest way would be to lock down a region of physical
memory that would be owned by the x86 and then create a pseudo network
device that allowed the two "hosts" to communicate.  Unfortunately, I was
unable to obtain sufficient information on the Gemini ASIC on the card to
work out how to communicate with the processor.

Anyone know if this information was ever made public?

R.