Subject: Re: Xarm32VIDC Problem?
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Daniels <dave_daniels@argonet.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/21/2001 18:10:51
In article <200102202141.f1KLfBD06548@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk>,
   Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@buzzard.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> A stack backtrace would be useful, it would at least tell us the function
> that was dying.

I assume the command 'trace' produces this. I fear it is not going
to be very helpful, though. All it says is:

_cpu_Debugger(_cpu_Debugger+0x10)
_userret(_userret+0x10)
_syscall(_syscall+0x10)

> Also, you could try just continuing.  What happens then?

I get the following messages:

db>continue
userret: spl level=6 on exit
Stopped in Xarm32VIDC at _cpu_Debugger+0x10: ldmdb r11,{r11,r13,r15}
db>continue
userret: spl level=6 on entry
Stopped in Xarm32VIDC at _cpu_Debugger+0x10: ldmdb r11,{r11,r13,r15}

The messages above were repeated a number of times. (About 10, I
think.) After that I got the db> prompt but it would not take any
more input. I found that the machine was working normally again
when I switched to one of the other consoles. I found that there
is a core dump (Xarm32VIDC.core). This is the first time this has
been produced.

I guess the next step is to open a problem for this. Does anybody
want the core dump to look at? It is just over a megabyte in size.

Dave Daniels