Subject: HEADS UP: 1st step in clean up :)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/21/2001 02:15:11
Dear all,

a maybe wierd 1st step from me but i've renamed the "vidcvideo0 at vidc0"
to "vidcconsole0 at vidc0" ... its because it really IS a console and not
`just' a video display with settings etc.

I've made this change to be able to reuse vidcvideo for just that purpose
... providing a way to access the framebuffer to ease the transition to
wscons for the RiscPC/A7000/RC7500 in the future and because it covers its
function much better.

I've tried it out offcource on my machine and all remains working fine;
there is also a small change in the MAKEDEV.arm32 but that mainly consists
of 1) renaming /dev/vidcvideo0 to /dev/vidcconsole0 and 2) making a
symbolic link from vidcvideo0 to vidcconsole0 for backwards compatibility
(f.e. X !)

X is test too and it still works !

Another step :)
Cheers,