Subject: Re: Xarm32VIDC Problem? (fwd)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/21/2001 02:09:39
Hi John,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 megatron@btinternet.com wrote:
> > I had the same problem on my A7000 running 1.42, changing to 1.4Z and
> > the RiscBSD xserver seemed to cure the problem, thats just left the
> > problem of the mouse not working... so i've given up on NetBSD on ARM
> > for the moment, that and the fact that I can't seem to get a reliable
> > 115200 or 57600 bps null modem ppp link to my linux or Irix boxes....

Just discovered.... Xarm32VIDC can give errors reporting it can't find its
mouse when in fact there is something very different wrong... for me it
happend to be a non existing windowmanager being called... if you would
try without any .x* files in your directory i think it would work...
there's something fishy i agree about it reporting the absense of the
mouse in this case !!!!

Cheers,
Reinoud