Subject: Re: Xarm32VIDC Problem? (fwd)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/2001 19:15:36
Another try :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 19:14:05 +0100 (CET)
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
To: megatron@btinternet.com
Cc: port-arm32@netsbd.org
Subject: Re: Xarm32VIDC Problem?

Hi John,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 megatron@btinternet.com wrote:
> I had the same problem on my A7000 running 1.42, changing to 1.4Z and
> the RiscBSD xserver seemed to cure the problem, thats just left the
> problem of the mouse not working... so i've given up on NetBSD on ARM
> for the moment, that and the fact that I can't seem to get a reliable
> 115200 or 57600 bps null modem ppp link to my linux or Irix boxes....

Euhm... hmm... LOTS of things have happened the last few weeks; would you
like to be persuaded to try the -current once more? the Xserver and the
mouse stuff have changed ... you ARE running the in-tree Xserver are you?
not the old seperate one?

The new bootloader also deals different with video memory so that might
also help out :)

Hehe... just trying :)

Cheers,
Reinoud