Subject: Re: Soft dependancies/kernel options
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/2001 01:30:08
Hi Chris,

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> I've just noticed soft dependancies aren't enabled in some of the kernels
> intree. I'm just wondering if there are any other options that are likely to
> be missing?

Could well be ! ... hmm... can't really remember ... it works fine for me
for quite some time... esp. in combination with UBC its really great :)

> Should I PR this, or is someone happy just to add the relevant lines in?
> Main reason for mailing the list is so that people who think they've got soft
> dependancies can check if the option is in their kernel.

sounds good !

> I suppose this means it's probably not in the 1.5 release branch either, so
> can it get requested to be pulled up to 1.5 so that people on arm32 can use
> soft dependancies.

Yep... ditto... its a pity .. ppl. might think its broken!

Cheers,
Reinoud

P.S. I'll put it in as soon as i think of it :)) if it isnt done in a few
days, then please keep bugging me :) hehe...