Subject: Soft dependancies/kernel options
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/20/2001 00:16:25
I've just noticed soft dependancies aren't enabled in some of the kernels
intree. I'm just wondering if there are any other options that are likely to
be missing?

I presume this oversight is an effect of not having a GENERIC kernel for
people to go and update. (note it's in the GENERIC kernel)

Should I PR this, or is someone happy just to add the relevant lines in?
Main reason for mailing the list is so that people who think they've got soft
dependancies can check if the option is in their kernel.

I suppose this means it's probably not in the 1.5 release branch either, so
can it get requested to be pulled up to 1.5 so that people on arm32 can use
soft dependancies.

Cheers,
Chris