Subject: Re: Kill Hydra support?
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/18/2001 21:11:09
On Sunday 18 February 2001  9:01 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> There are various fragments of code around the tree that are
> conditionalised on HYDRA being defined, apparently in support of the
> Simtec Hydra multi-processor board.  As far as I can tell, the
> configuration glue for this was removed from files.arm32 in 1997 (rev
> 1.29) and the main hydrabus driver (in arch/arm32/mainbus/exp/hydra.c)
> never got committed.
>
> Would there be any problem with garbage-collecting all the code that's
> protected by this ifdef?

Would make sense, as long as we can get it back should anyone do a similair
board, that said Hydra's never came to market so I don't even know if the
hydra code ever actually ran on a hydra, I'd be surprised if it did now what
with UVM and UBC and all the other changes since 1.2 (or was it 1.3) :)

Cheers,
Chris