Subject: Re: sa11x0 code
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/18/2001 12:12:39
I assume you are talking about http://www.fdy2.demon.co.uk/sa11x0.

At Sun, 18 Feb 2001 02:30:39 +0100 (CET),
Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Do you think its wise to start importing the sa11x0 code now? is the
> hpcmips code based on that code?

hpcarm has been developed independently, at least till Ichiro and I became
aware of the sa11x0 tarball.

> Oh Chris Gilbert, i'll try out your VM patches to see how stable the
> system becomes/stays.

How well does the code work?
I might be misreading the code, but it doesn't seem to have even
working timer interrupts.

I'd like to see working driver codes which have standard interface
capable of sharing between arm32 and hpcarm in sys/arch/arm/sa11x0.

The sa11x0 codes seem to use bus_space, and we can make a macro
wrapper for intr_claim() (hpcarm is using intr_establish()), so the
driver interface looks okay.

BTW, hpcarm is likely to get single user shell tonight, if things go fine.
--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro