Subject: Re: New bootconfig structure proposal
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/17/2001 01:00:30
Hi Chris,

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > Well .... yes.... but is it really favourable ? I mean ... you have to run
> > a newly build kernel to do that anyway so why not use the new bootloader
> > then ?
>
> Failsafe mechanism?  The new bootloader is still under testing and
> development.

In a way yes... but on the other hand it is known to work now on all
platforms the old one worked on and more except one RO 3.7 case but i've
modified my bootloader for that (not tested yet by him yet though).

> Some people will also still prefer the gui interface (which is a bit
> strange considering that unix isn't exactly gui driven...)

Well they are free to adjust the GUI to create the new `fastboot' file :))
I dont have a C compiler for RISC OS....

Cheers,
Reinoud