Subject: Re: Relevance of ARM merge (was: Re: port-arm26 and port-arm32 into
To: None <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Robert Swindells <swindellsr@genrad.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/14/2001 13:57:15
>> For what purpose, I've seen no sign of any new architectures being
>> merged into the main NetBSD tree, I believe that someone has SA1100's
>> running NetBSD, and there maybe other devices.  There's been talk of
>> moving the different architectures into their own sys/arch/ dir.  But
>> nothing concrete has actually happened.

>Well I would like these SA1100 patches/support to be included into the
>source tree for other ppl would love to work on those too and it makes the
>user base a lot bigger for there are lots of small SA1100 boards around
>esp. around universities nowadays and they all run Linux :(

I would like to get them into the tree as well, I would be grateful for
any extra help that is available.

I have sent a pr containing the only userland changes, the changes to
the shared kernel source probably need to be split into several PRs
to make them easier to review.

The contents of my arm32/sa11x0 directory need to be added as well but
it would be helpful if I could get CVS commit rights to keep working
on it.

Robert