Subject: Re: New bootloader for RiscPC+Kinetic available
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/12/2001 23:06:42
On Monday 12 February 2001 11:02 pm, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> 'evening Chris,
>
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > I don't believe that it'll be light work to do that, however I'd planned
> > to scope it out.  That's why for now I'm running a slower kernel, I don't
> > trust the fast one not to die in a make build.
>
> Hmm... have you tried to completely disable all sound? i.e. remove all
> sound stuff including vidcsound from your config file ? I think thats the
> bad guy for it programs DMA buffers.

I think other things use it, IOMD possibly.  As I said it locked up (normally
doing a make build)  I suspect that we need to work out what buffers are DMA
and make the malloc's use a dma version.  Preference would be to not use the
simms but for DMA.  However it needs pmap work I believe.  I've not got time
at the mo to investigate, I'm moving in a few days time.

Cheers,
Chris