Subject: Re: New bootloader for RiscPC+Kinetic available
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/12/2001 23:20:01
Hi Chris,

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > I've just uploaded the newest version with a hopefully working patch for
> > the Kinetic card. It works by deleting the DRAM info for now. This should
> > be modified later to allow slow memory too when its implemented in the
> > rest of the system.... the only question is : do we want to in that case?
>
> It won't work.  I've tried that method.  The kernel's die unexpectedly, no
> drop to ddb, still pingable, but dies all the same.  I suspect that some
> buffer needs to be available to the rest of the hardware.

:(( Well i think its your harddisc interface... but yeah i am thinking
about passing the old DRAM info too especially for this purpose. In the
new bootconfig structure i would like to patch this so there will be more
memory types...

> We need to be able to tag the memory up to allocate it either to
> the kernel/processes or the other internal hardware.

Yeah ... hmm... just thinking about where to store this information...
might well be nessisary to adjust pmap.c or to mess around in autoconf
stuff... hmm... will check :))

Cheers,
Reinoud