Subject: Re: New bootloader for RiscPC+Kinetic available
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/12/2001 22:09:41
On Monday 12 February 2001  5:00 pm, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just uploaded the newest version with a hopefully working patch for
> the Kinetic card. It works by deleting the DRAM info for now. This should
> be modified later to allow slow memory too when its implemented in the
> rest of the system.... the only question is : do we want to in that case?

It won't work.  I've tried that method.  The kernel's die unexpectedly, no
drop to ddb, still pingable, but dies all the same.  I suspect that some
buffer needs to be available to the rest of the hardware.

*sigh*

We need to be able to tag the memory up to allocate it either to
the kernel/processes or the other internal hardware.

Cheers,
Chris