Subject: Re: More ELF stuff
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/11/2001 16:27:00
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> On Sunday 11 February 2001  2:24 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> > <URL:ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/arch/arm26/testing/arm-elf-bintest-2001-02-11.tar.gz>.
>
> Note dir is actually (is this something to do with anon logins?):
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm26/testing/

Nah.  It's to do with my being useless.  Sorry.

[ echo, ls, pwd, hostname, and sleep work ]

> bash-2.04$ ./sh
> Illegal instruction (core dumped)
>
> gdb doesn't understand elf it seems, so couldn't debug. (ksh and csh also
> core dump)

Hmm.  I haven't even looked at GDB yet.

> bash-2.04$ ./ps
>   PID TT STAT    TIME COMMAND
>   207 p0 Is   0:00.56 -bash
> 21164 p1 Ss   0:01.33 -bash
> 22138 p1 R+   0:00.02 ./ps

Coo!  I suppose that's just using sysctl(), so the fact that libkvm
(probably) doesn't work doesn't matter.

> So it looks to work enough that the binaries run, however interactive things
> core dump?

Hmm.  I'm more inclined to say that it's a matter of how big they are, or
how many page faults they cause, or something like that.  Can you get
ktruss output from one of the ones that doesn't work?  Maybe you could
also try getting them to do something simple (e.g. "sh /dev/null") and see
if that works.