Subject: Re: New bootloader
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/11/2001 17:25:12
Hi Chris,

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Chris Cowdery wrote:
> 	I've been trying the new bootloader, but I get a screenfull
> of asterisks. Examination of the code indicates that this is an
> error condition.

Wow Chris, you are the first one to report this ! Hmmm.... this should
only occure when the memory is fragmented ``likek hell'' i.e. it cant find
a single piece of memory with 4 or more subsequent pages (16kb). This is a
bit wierd in my opinion for it should normally give this if it just
happens to be on the end of a block of memory; i've put it in so just that
sille one off situation wont break the loading .....

So maybe its something else. Hmm... can you give me some more details
about it ? i.e. what machine? what version of the bootloader? (the
newest?) or run the !BtNetBSD just when booted?

For the others that read with this thread: Since i've become a developer
since last tuesday, I've put the newest version now on
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/arm32/ in the direcory new-bootloader
stuff you can find the releases from now.

Hope this helps or at least give some clues to solve it soon,
Cheers,
Reinoud