Subject: Headsup, bug in the VM patch for arm32/12119
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/2001 22:14:13
Hi,

Appears I made a little boo-boo with the patch, the file
/sys/arch/arm32/include/io.h
should have  IO_CONF_BASE defined as 0xf7000000, rather than 0xf6000000.

This can cause potential data-loss, crashes, random lock ups, as the UBC and
VM system will attempt to use the same VM space, this occurs when , anyone
who has taken this patch should alter IO_CONF_BASE.  I've generally seen this
when attempting to do make build as that starts to eat into UBC as /usr/src
and /usr/obj are on nfs.

I'm about to mail gnats-bug to update the PR to note this fact.  Anyone who's
taken the patch should fix this define.

Cheers,
Chris