Subject: possible arm32 snapshot
To: None <Jan-Uwe.Finck@bigfoot.de,>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/10/2001 11:39:19
On Friday 09 February 2001 11:15 am, Jan-Uwe Finck wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 10:35:10AM +0000, Chris Gilbert wrote:
> > Great, nice to know it's not just Mike P and me that have this working :)
> > And that someone else is running current on a risc pc.
>
> Well, at least the kernel.
> I'm still fighting with userland...
> I guess the new make is somehow my problem...
> Can't get 'make build' to run properly.. it always stops somewhere
> with different error messages.
>
> Maybe someone should simply produce a new snapshot and upload it..
> How about one of you two ? :-) (if you have a current userland as
> well, of course..)

I'm busy trying to get current to actually do a complete build.  If/when I
manage it I can do a snapshot.  (although I do need to make sure I don't
include my kinetic patch in the kernels, that'll kill everyone without one)

Is there anywhere I can upload a snapshot?  Or is someone with access to
ftp.netbsd.org able to do a snapshot?

> I would like to help, but my ARM610 hinders me somehow.. ;-)

Never had a 610, my first RPC as the 710, I've a 610 card, but it didn't want
to boot when I tried it a few days ago.

However there's a few recent patches that should help on the performance side
(certainly Jason's patch for moving things out of exit1 has knocked 10% off
my times :)

Cheers,
Chris