Subject: Re: "failed to map ubc_object" panic on CATS (Re: IDE Breakage in 1.5: false alarm? )
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/09/2001 22:15:09
The pager_map would be real nice to avoid. On a VAX the default
PAGER_MAP_SIZE steals 128k of physical pre-allocated memory, not good.
That would probably be easy to get around on archs that can address
the physical memory, but due to comments in uvm_pager.h it seems as
someone is working on making I/O to work on physical pages rather than
on virtual.

Who is working on this and what is the status?

-- Ragge