Subject: Re: "failed to map ubc_object" panic on CATS (Re: IDE Breakage in 1.5: false alarm? )
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/09/2001 05:43:16
PAGER_MAP_SIZE is already kinda small on arm32, but you could try
reducing it from 4MB to 2MB and see if that will let you boot.
reducing the number of bufs is probably a better way to go,
but I don't know how many bufs you have now.

looking briefly at the arm32 pmap_bootstrap(), I don't see anything
equivalent to the problem the mips had.

the best option would be to enlarge the kernel's address space,
but that's also the most complicated.

how can I acquire one of these CATS doodads?
if I had one then I could help fix these kinds of problems...

-Chuck