Subject: Re: Packages and things
To: Chris Cowdery <chris@cowdery.demon.co.uk>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/05/2001 23:35:23
On Monday 05 February 2001 10:01 pm, Chris Cowdery wrote:

> > > Crashes to debugger just after probing Etherh. About 50% of the time.
> >
> > Could you get a trace of it?  (You will need to select loading symbol
> > table in the bootloader)

[snip backtrace]  Not sure what to make of it.  but at least we can see
when/where it's going wrong (when it does the wdc_attach)

Could you do a send-pr on it with the trace, just so that we've got it logged
somewhere?

> pioc0: SMC FDC37C665GT peripheral controller rev 2
> (30 sec delay)
> wdc0 at pioc0 offset 0x1f0-0x1f7 irq 9
> (30 sec delay)
>
> It still has these delays even though I've specified these things
> in the kernel config file.

Remove the wdc entry (and it's children) if you're not using it.  What you're
getting is something like:
30 sec time out on wdc
30 sec timeout on atapibus

(not that is just a guess, and therefore may not be accurate)

Cheers,
Chris