Subject: Netbooting a Risc PC?
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/05/2001 08:50:35
I have an Acorn Risc PC with no working IDE drive, and the rest of the
drives are Power-tec ones. They are known not to work well with NetBSD
*and* RISC OS, so if I am to make that work I have to dedicate them to
NetBSD.

I have a Sun SPARCstation 2 running NetBSD 1.4 with lots of disk, and I
would like to use that as a boot server for my Risc PC, including
mounting the kernel and the root file system.

From what I have seen, that probably is not possible today, but I may be
wrong here. Am I wrong?

Anyway it would be nice if we could be able to do this at some stage in
the future, so is this something that is being worked on?
What about the new bootloader? Will that take this option into account?

TIA!

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/