Subject: Re: Missing arch/arm/conf/files.arm
From: Kjetil B. Thomassen <kjetil@thomassen.priv.no>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/04/2001 22:21:51
Earlier today, I wrote:
> I just tried to config the FOURMEG kernel in the arch/arm26/conf
> directory, and I get the following error message:
>
> ../../../../arch/arm26/conf/file.arm26:1: cannot open
> ../../../../arch/arm/conf/files.arm for reading: No such file or
> directory
>
> This is with a source tree of some minutes ago, and with a config from
> earlier today.
>
> Trying to config the GENERIC kernel gives the same error message.
>
> Could someone please fix this!

It turns out that, for some unknown reason, CVS fails to update my arch
directory with the arm directory from the anoncvs server. I can see it
at http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/ but still it is not downloaded to my local
sandbox. The sandbox is a on NetBSD/sparc 1.4 system running a pretty
recent cvs 1.11 from pkgsrc.

Does anyone out there have any idea of why this is happening?

When we are talking about CVS, there is another thing that I would like
an answer to, and that is how best to keep a local CVS repository of the
NetBSD src tree and at the same time keeping it in sync with the NetBSD
CVS repository.

The reason I ask is that I would like to experiment with the NetBSD
source code, and still be in sync with the current development.
Naturally it would be useful for me to have a local repository where I can
track my local changes.

I probably need to have a separate vendor branch for NetBSD in my
repository, or is there a better way?

And, BTW, which list is the best to discuss issues like this?
current-users comes to mind, but that really doesn't feel right, as this
has nothing to do with development of the NetBSD source code.

TIA!

Kjetil B.
mailto:kjetil@thomassen.priv.no
http://www.thomassen.priv.no/