Subject: Re: Bootloader TODO list
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Anthony Hilton <ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/03/2001 20:15:42
In <URL:news:local.netbsd> on Sat 03 Feb, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Hmm... well as long as there is noone reporting a boot-failure it could be
> safe to switch over to the new one for the ARM[6,7,SA] Acorn derivatives
> ..... however i would like more ppl to test it first....
>
> Status so far for all ARM[6,7,SA] Acorn derivative's :
>   machine		once	support	confirmed/comment
>   -----------------------------------------------------------------
>   A7000(+)		YES	X	Please test again
>   RSt. R7500(+)		???	??	Isn't this a A7000 ?
>   ARM6 RiscPC		???	X	Should run (where is it!)
>   ARM7 RiscPC		YES	X	YES, developpers machine
>   SA RiscPC		YES	X	YES (see next)
>   SA Kinetic RiscPC	YES	X	YES
>   NC's			YES	X	Port busy but should work
>   RSt. Networx (HD)		??	Unknown
>   MicD. Omega,			??	Unknown
>   MicD. Mico	  		??	Unknown
>
> RiscPC's tested with and without 2Mb VRAM ... would also like some results
> with RiscPC's with 1Mb VRAM or no VRAM ...
>
> So i would like ppl with all different kinds of machines to test the new
> bootloader (needs the new rpc_machdep.c at minimum) and report the results
> / problems ?

Can the new bootloader boot old versions of RiscBSD? I have 1.3 alpha
installed but rarely booted on an ARM6 RiscPC with 1Mb VRAM.

If the new bootloader cannot boot what I have got, can someone (Chris?) sell
me a CD with 1.5 and idiot proof installation instructions - e.g. do I trash
my current installation and start from scratch or use UnixFS to copy
everything into the BSD partition replacing what is already there?

Anthony Hilton

--
ajh@tinshill.f9.co.uk