Subject: Re: Bootloader saga continues again .... new version !
To: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/03/2001 13:06:03
Hi,

Now that we know that the new bootloader works on the kinetic, do you have a
list of other machines it works on? (note that for the kinetic you need the
latest version from:
ftp://130.89.65.13/pub/

I'm wondering if the best way to tackle having the 2 different bootloaders is
to have a new kernel option that uses the code that you've got over the
existing code.  That way we can move away from the old version, and if it
breaks for the new one you can move back.  Probably call the new option
NEWBOOT, or perhaps we should make it the default, and make people put in an
option OLDBOOT ?

What do ppl think?

Cheers,
Chris