Subject: Re: ELF stuff
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@paradox.demon.co.uk>
From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha@arm.com>
List: port-arm32
Date: 02/03/2001 12:55:23
> Hmmm, I've just thought, will the .[sS] files in lib will need updating for
> the new ABI?  I'm just trying to get a grasp on the amount of work needed.
> (noting that I'm not that hot on how gcc etc works)

I don't think so, except for building the fp-emulator code, but that has
probably been fixed for arm26 already, since it already uses most of the
new ABI.

It's possible that one or two assembler modules in the kernel may need
attention for structure alignment changes, but even there it is unlikely,
since most offsets are picked up from defines that are autogenerated from
the C headers.

There is one C file in the shark subdir of the kernel (profile.c) that
makes assumptions about the stack frame for a function.  This ought to be
fixed anyway since compiling a kernel without a frame pointer would break
it now.

R.