Subject: Re: Changing kernel base address (was: Re: Heads up: shared arm include files)
To: Mike Pumford <mpumford@mpc-data.co.uk>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/22/2001 12:35:30
--v9Ux+11Zm5mwPlX6

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 11:28:56AM +0000, Mike Pumford wrote:
>=20
> Ah right. I wondered what the RO4 effect was. IMO the bootloader should=
=20
> now be adjusted to reflect the new IOMD mappings if we want to continue
> to rely on console output at this stage. Since we still have the=20
> remains of RISC OS kicking around it may be possible to use RISC OS SWI=
=20
> calls to do output.

Sounds sane. The equivalent of this is exactly what the NetBSD/Amiga bootbl=
ock
does (it's single stage currently).

The really hard part is debugging MMU setup problems... the NetBSD kernel
source has hooks to poke at the graphics background color register to debug
MMU setup if need arises. :-)

Regards,
	-is

--v9Ux+11Zm5mwPlX6