Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5 CATS Install Problems (fwd)
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/13/2001 14:24:09
In <Pine.GSO.4.21.0101130602150.12004-100000@rfhpc8320.fh-regensburg.de>
hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de wrote:

> The CATS version of the install program, as I copied it to cdrom, does not
> boot. I get the following error messages:

> No disklabel
> Input/output error.

I think the CATS firmware cannot boot from ISO CD.
It only support boot from ffs but does not require any bootloader.
(but I'm not sure how we can burn raw ffs image to CD.)

I prepared the disklabel/filesystem/kernel etc.
to an IDE disk on i386 and put it into CATS.
Another option is to use network boot with
NE2000 PCI interface.
(Only Realtek 8029 is supported by firmwre?)

BTW, where can I get the latest firmware for CATS?
Mine is "Cyclone" rev 0.4, and I heard newer one
supports boot from SCSI etc.
---
Izumi Tsutsui
tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp