Subject: Re: Heads up: shared arm include files
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/12/2001 13:17:20
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Chris Gilbert wrote:

> Done, compiles (note that I've only just synced up recently so it's source
> from about 9 or 10pm)  but it does have a sys/arch/arm dir :)

Check that (e.g.) machine/varargs.h just contains "#include
<arm/varargs.h>".  If it does, then you've got the post-header-merge
version.

> Currently I'm having fun chasing a bug with UBC, or probably the pmap/uvm
> stuff, seems that if we've got maxproc above some val between 96 and 104 (at
> 104 it actually hangs, doesn't find the root device, above this it does fail
> with UBC_init error) UBC_init fails, note that I'm about to chase it with
> UVMHISTORY and _PRINT (although the PRINT bit makes booting really really
> slow, but at least I've got it narrowed down a bit, anyone know of a less
> painful way to chase this kind of bug?).

You don't need to turn on history printing -- you can call uvm_hist() or
uvmhist_dump() from DDB.  What's the precise panic message, anyway?

> Ben, you said you had probs with UBC on arm26, did you find out why?  Just
> wondering if it's something that might effect arm32?

My problem was mostly to do with the precise behaviour of
referenced/modified emulation in the kernel.  PR#11802 has the discussion
of it.

> Yep, I spotted that files.arm32 had changed, so did a reconfig.

There'll be more changes there as I merge in the .c files...