Subject: Re: Heads up: shared arm include files
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/12/2001 00:47:25
On Thursday 11 January 2001 10:14 pm, Ben Harris wrote:
> I've just committed changes to cause NetBSD/arm26 and NetBSD/arm32 to
> share some header files (basically, the ones that were identical between
> the two ports anyway).  The new header files live in sys/arch/arm/include
> and get installed to /usr/include/arm.  In theory everything should still
> work, but I haven't actually tested this on arm32 (so someone should).

Done, compiles (note that I've only just synced up recently so it's source
from about 9 or 10pm)  but it does have a sys/arch/arm dir :)

Currently I'm having fun chasing a bug with UBC, or probably the pmap/uvm
stuff, seems that if we've got maxproc above some val between 96 and 104 (at
104 it actually hangs, doesn't find the root device, above this it does fail
with UBC_init error) UBC_init fails, note that I'm about to chase it with
UVMHISTORY and _PRINT (although the PRINT bit makes booting really really
slow, but at least I've got it narrowed down a bit, anyone know of a less
painful way to chase this kind of bug?).

Ben, you said you had probs with UBC on arm26, did you find out why?  Just
wondering if it's something that might effect arm32?

> Be aware that when updating from older sources you'll need to re-run
> config(8) and make depend before re-building any kernels.  Also, if you're
> in the habit of making includes in sys/arch/arm32/include, you'll need to
> do it in sys/arch/arm/include too now (or preferably in sys and let the
> Makefiles sort it out)

Yep, I spotted that files.arm32 had changed, so did a reconfig.

Cheers,
Chris