Subject: Re: Food for thought.
To: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
From: Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/09/2001 20:44:28
>Not sure if we can do that (Linux compatability is a strange beast, that and
>I don't even know if you can install both linux and netbsd at the same time :)

I have both Linux and NetBSD on my CATS.

>I'd prefer to see work to getting XFree86 v4 working on arm32 :)  However
>that needs work on sorting out a way to get the binary loader working for arm
>platforms.

I've never really understood why X insists on having its own binary loader.
However, support for ARM ELF should be there very shortly; if NetBSD were to
switch to ELF it should almost "just work".  I don't know what would be
involved in making it run with a.out.

p.