Subject: Food for thought.
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Gilbert <chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk>
List: port-arm32
Date: 01/08/2001 22:59:10
Hi,

I thought it was about time to send a mail with some ideas/things that'd be
good to get into 1.6, some of these have been suggested, so I'm just hoping
to spark some discussion on them, eg what is pheasible etc.

Anyway bit of a random list this.  And I know that others have done some work
on this.

1.6 stuff (well be nice to have some of these :)
Merge arm26 and arm32 bits together where possible (ben's done some work on
this)
Split out the arm32 ports (again it's been discussed)
Work on common version of Elf for all arm platforms.  There was talk of a new
abi for this.
RiscStation Port.
Other New platforms.

Misc stuff (mostly docs)
Update the FAQ, eg add in solution to the powertec workaround (ie specify the
actual podule id for cards)
Update the inst doc

Any thoughts, volunteers, suggestions etc :)

Cheers,
Chris