Subject: New bootloader for testing.... - significant update
To: None <port-arm32@netbsd.org>
From: Reinoud Zandijk <imago@kabel065011.kabel.utwente.nl>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/30/2000 18:31:14
Dear all,

After some testing around with my machine and removing the VRAM, i've
managed to boot also without VRAM and i've moved up the allowed kernel
size to about 8Mb (in theory it can be about 16 Mb) ... i havent got a
RPCINST kernel build yet, but i dont see trouble with loading it... a
kernel with debugging information however crashes still due to the lack of
support for symbol loading ... i might have time tonight to work on that.

Also StrongARM compatibility, however trivial it might be (i hope so),
isnt implemented yet - sorry .... its just hard to test without a
StrongARM and i'd rather dig a bit in before i trust some code ...

For those who are interested I sincerely request to download the new set
in ftp://130.89.65.13/pub/NetBSD-test-20001130

Cheers, Reinoud

P.S. hehe.. it's a near miracle that the old one even worked !!! Ahum....