Subject: Re: internet.tv hacking
To: Stephen Borrill <netbsd@precedence.co.uk>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
List: port-arm32
Date: 11/28/2000 10:56:21
On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Stephen Borrill wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Nov 2000, Ben Harris wrote:
>
> > After seeing lots of discussion on comp.sys.acorn.hardware on the subject,
> > I gave in and spent GBP79.99 on a Bush IBX-101.  I've been poking it this
> > evening, and it looks like making it run NetBSD/arm32 should be fairly
> > easy.  I've created a project in the projects database for this (using the
> > box's built-in Web browser).  FWIW, the box contains:
> >
> > ARM7500
> > Lucent 33,600 ISA modem connected as podule 0
> > Some PC super-IO controller for the parallel port
> > 8Mb SIMM
> > Some weird NVRAM (not the usual PCF8583)
> > Not a lot else.
>
> Might be a little interesting trying to boot it.

*grin* As the projects database entry mentions, it can be configured to
look for a parallel-port Zip drive at startup, and to *Run IZipFS:Auto if
it can find it.  It also has some stuff relating to loading stuff over the
parallel port (apparently for testing purposes).  Quite where to get a
root filesystem from is another matter.